Saturday, August 15, 2015

#weeklyrelections


This. 
I filled a little jar 
with 50 little pieces 
of brain food 
Harvested from my heart 
to help me endure 
each work week.

This is week 1.
First concept is such a truth for me.
Every person I encounter 
Every situation 
Is a medicinal dose
Prescribed to crack me open
To burst my seems
To unleash my highest 
To deliver my dreams 
Especially the uncomfortable moments
The irritating moments 
Where one is vulnerable, exposed
Uncertain.
Wanting to close up, run away, escape.
I experienced a lot of those this week.
Facing unpredictability
Groundlessness
Breathing helped me 
Take in the moment's medicine.
Opening up, again and again.
Living life's lessons. 


Follow along each week to see what kinds of brain food I'm consuming in the attempt to keep it together by, sometimes, letting it fall apart. 

<3 xoxo
DeeEm

No comments:

Post a Comment