Sunday, August 30, 2015

#weeklyreflections



This was such a relevant teaching for me this week.
Such an emphasis on keeping your head in the present moment.
Not letting the mind pull you into past or future.
I pulled this little #wisdomnote from the jar the weekend I left my parents phone plan.
I had a perfect idea of how things would go.
I would get to leave the family plan without any fees
And then I would punch in my phones info to join a new online phone company.

Didn't exactly flow that way.
I failed to do more in depth and upfront research on the company I'd plan to join.
Which set me back, ALOT
So, if you've tried to contact me via phone/text lately, I'm sorry I couldn't respond!
I've been without phone/text/internet right in my palm for about a week.

Initially, it felt like I was missing a huge something.
Like I was regressing because of the lack of connection.
I couldn't access whatever information I wanted, whenever I wanted.

This piece of wisdom kept me a float.
Reading it every morning helped me to access the information right in front of me.
When ever I wanted.
I really came to understand how much distraction I allow
to stop me from filling up my free time in a more productive manner.
It's crazy.
I've loved it.
I've been tapping into free wifi just to keep my blog and #100daysofgratitude going.
And to manage some mini bits of online business.
Other than those little moments of free wifi,
I'm forced to look my free time in the face
forced to really think about what actions I want to plant right now
in order to potentially see a certain fruit later.

Life reminding me through my own little situation to return to the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment