Sunday, September 6, 2015

#weeklyreflections


So…has anyone else felt like their throat, nose, and sinus have transformed their membranes into rugged sand paper? This week I've had to work around some allergy and sinus issues that have made things way less fun. 

Of course, it has sort of been on and off. Little allergy outbursts where my eyes, throat, and nose feel so dry and itchy and MAD. Thankfully, there have also been some clearer moments sprinkled in. 

In the middle of an "allergy fit" so to speak, I noticed how much tension I let into my body.
I would scrunch my nose, forcing air in and out to "clear the mucus".
I would shrug my shoulders up as I rubbed my itchy nose and aggressively attempted to hock loogees (a professional term) to "get the bug out". 

In those "tense" moments I felt like this:

"WHY MEEEEEEEEE?!?! I JUST WANT A REGULAR FACE THAT DOESN'T ITCH AND FEELT DRY!!!! WAAAAAAA…."


I definitely feel, in my own experiences of suffering, that my brain instantly wants to convince me I am totally alone in the situation. That I'm alone, and no one else in the world has experienced this same suffering and that it will never go away.

What a silly mind.

We are never alone in suffering. In fact, it is the suffering that creates our most potent abilities to connect with one another. It's called compassion.

Com= with/together
Passion= to suffer

It is the greatest kind of love. To come down and suffer with someone, or to accept someone willing to suffer through with you. It turns out, tons of people are experiencing the same feelings with their sinuses and such. Perhaps some seasonal shift effect. I was never truly alone, just fussing too loudly to realize the presence of company.


No comments:

Post a Comment